An everyday Indian Side Salad Recipe with Micro Greens or Baby Greens
This crisp and fresh green salad made with microgreens, fenugreek leaves, or arugula will quickly become your favorite go-to. It is an everyday Indian side salad recipe that tastes great on top of avocado toast or as a side with eggplant, okra, or kichdi.
FACT- When you fight over who gets the last bit of the salad, you know it's a winner!
- fresh salad mix, tender greens or micro greens.
- green chili (thai, serrano, or jalapeno)
- lemon juice
- asafoetida (hing)
Chop the greens into small pieces (optional) and place them in a serving bowl. Add salt and lemon juice to the greens and set it aside.
In a small butter pot heat some oil on medium/low. Slowly add the grated garlic and blended green chilies. Cook for 5-10 seconds
Remove the pot from the heat, add a pinch of asafoetida, and mix well. Pour the oil onto the salad and toss it well. Enjoy while it fresh.
- butter pot
- chutney machine (to blend chili pepper)
- microplane or fine grater for the garlic
- large bowl
- knife and cutting board
- baby greens- use mico greens or fenugreek leaves (my favorite)
- hing- skip if not available
- green chilies- remove the ingredient for no spice
- garlic- can use garlic powder but it will definitely not taste the same
The cooked salad does not store well. Enjoy while it is fresh.
Pair it with
I love to eat this micro greens salad on top of avocado toast. It adds so much flavor and just enough greens for the meal.
- Ringan nu Shaak - Eggplant with Sweet Potato
- Bharela Marcha - Stuffed Bullet Chillies
- Bindha nu Shaak - Indian Okra Recipe with Air Fryer
- Avocado Indian Roti Recipe with Step by Step Instructions
- Kid Friendly Zucchini Rotli
- Cook the tempered oil on low heat so the garlic does not brown
- Shred the greens finely
- Add some cooked sprouted mung beans or whole garbanzo beans for a bite to the salad
More Recipes for Side Dishes...
Everyday Indian Salad with Greens
- 10 oz tender baby greens, shredded finely spinach, arugula, mixed greens, fenugreek leaves, etc
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 thai chili, blended (or equivalent)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Place the shredded greens in a serving bowl.
- Add salt and lemon juice to the greens. Do not mix but set it aside.
- In a small butter pot add the oil and heat on medium.
- Once it is hot, add the grated garlic and blended green chili pepper.
- Cook for about 5-10 seconds making sure it does not brown much.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add a pinch of hing, and mix well.
- Pour the tempered oil onto the greens and toss it together.
- Enjoy fresh!