Welcome to The Curry Mommy site where I strive to bring you quick and easy-to-make family-friendly recipes. I am all about sharing global recipes and tips on how to make busy lives a bit less hectic.
Hi!!! I'm Jhankhana and I run The Curry Mommy Blog which started as a passion and has now turned into a full-time career. I like to think this is exactly where I was meant to be in life - helping others strive in the kitchen!
I started this website in 2018 when my girls were 3 years old and 4 months old. It was a crazy time period where I was a new mom all over again and learning the technical side of site-building + blogging. After many breaks and struggles, here we are...
Today, I can say we made it! This blog is my third baby. I have built it from the ground up during the darkest hours of the night when my littles were sleeping. For that reason, I am very happy and thankful that you are here! In return, I hope you find something delicious to make for you and your loved ones.
Why Choose The Curry Mommy Blog?
- Quick and Easy to Follow Recipes
- Family-Friendly Meals
- Tried and True Recipes!
- I treat The Curry Mommy Blog as my cookbook. Everything here, I make and eat!
Fun Facts about Me
- I have traveled to 44 United States and look forward to visiting the remainder six with my family.
- My husband and I have raised our girls with no help other than each other.
- I love to run and wish I did more of it after having kids.
- My morning cup of coffee is how I connect with my late-father.
- Rainy and cloudy days are my favorite! It makes me feel like mother nature is giving us a break from our busy schedules to stop and take in the moment.
- I have been cooking since I was 6 years old. Chai was the first thing I learned how to make!
- Fate is something I believe in and my husband is the reason I think it is real.
- Clutter gives me anxiety!
What you will find here
Curry Recipes- Recipes with a soup or thick gravy can be considered a curry. My curry recipes range from Indian to Thai to Burmese to Indo-Chinese-and everything in between.
Gujarati and Indian Recipes- Delicious authentic recipes that come straight from my family and kitchen. What I share here is what I eat.
Southern American Recipes- I was born and raised in the south with a lot of influence from nationalities other than Indian. For that reason, I'd like to think I can make a delicious meatloaf, roast a turkey, bake a ham, or whip up a potato salad just as well as I can make a stack of roti, dosa, and butter chicken.
Basics- I am all about teaching you the basics when it comes to cooking. Whether you are learning how to make white rice, roti, or grilled cheese I will help you learn what type of tomato to use for a recipe or how long to grill that bread.
Some of my personal favorites...
- Picnic Kichdi- A hot bowl of goodness!
- Butter Chicken- 20 minute meal!
- Lamb Chops- Date night meal!
- Khaman- a labor of love authentic recipe!
- Grandma's Khatta Poodla- Savory and delicious!
- Tapelu Chicken- The ultimate desi party must have!
- Mushroom Pasta- make you forget your favorite Italian Restaraunt pasta recipe!
- Chicken Kheema- A versatile dish that pairs well with dosa, sandwiches, tacos, or naan.
- Puran Poli-A must have Diwali tradition!
- Garlic Salmon with Peppers- Easy, delicious, and healthy meal with a salad.
Before you go
Stay up to date with everything I share here by signing up for my newsletter here. Also, connect with me on any social media platform! I love hearing from you :).
Interested in Working Together?
Want to work together, collaborate, or advertise? Let's connect! Send me an email or leave a message below with your details.