If you've been on the hunt for a restaurant-style homemade buttermilk ranch dressing recipe, then here it is! This finger-licking-good ranch recipe is a family favorite and it pairs well with practically anything and everything.
Make this today! It goes well with
- masala chicken wings
- bbq pizza
- boneless tandoori chicken and much much more!
Are you searching for a restaurant-style ranch?
Your journey ends here. With this buttermilk ranch dressing recipe, you will only need three ingredients that will change your life forever! My kids love "mommy's special dressing" on salads more than I can rave about. With that said, Be sure to grab the ingredients on your next grocery store visit.
Here is a list of the ingredients you will need to make the homemade tasty ranch dressing.
- Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning - I prefer the individual packages versus bulk. In my experience, they have tasted the best.
- Buttermilk - store-bought works best. Look for it in the fridge section at your local grocery store.
- Mayonnaise - Look for Hellman's or Best Foods brand mayonnaise. If you are vegan, then give my favorite Soy-Free Veganaise from Follow Your Heart a try.
Blend the seasoning in a chutney machine or coffee grinder. Then mix in the mayonnaise and buttermilk. Keep cool until ready to consume.
Other dips and sauce recipes
I prefer Hellman's or Best Foods brand. For a vegan substitute try Follow Your Heart -Veganaise Soy-Free Mayo.
This is a go-to recipe! It tastes just like your favorite pizza place's ranch.
Add jalapeno to the mixture. If you want it to be even spicier then, serrano chili peppers work well. Kick it up a notch and add some cilantro if your heart desires. work well.
I've read that "Best Foods" brands are available on the west of the Rocky Mountains whereas "Hellman's" is available on the east side of them. Interesting, no?
Restaurant Style Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 1 oz package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Package (or equivalent)
- 1 cup Best Foods Brand or Hellman's Regular Mayonnaise (trust me)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender for about 15 seconds.
- Chill for about 30 minutes.
- NOTE: The dressing is good in the fridge until the buttermilk's expiration date, but I am sure you will finish it before then ;).
Leave a Reply