This recipe is a crowd pleaser for sure! But before going any further, I must admit, I was never a fan of lamb… until I craved it during my pregnancies. How ironic that you crave foods you never once liked, right? Either way, this recipe has been made so many times that it is officially fail-proof. Spice level is also very low since herbs are mostly used. AND if you use my washing technique below then even the “lamb” flavor will be non-existent (if you know what I mean).
Give them a try!
Cleaning the Lamb Chops
- Mix 1 lemon’s juice with 2 cups of water in a large bowl.
- Place the lamb chops in that bowl and wash the for about 10 minutes using your hands to toss the lamb chops.
- Next, drain all of the water out but keep the lamb chops in the bowl.
- Let them sit for about 5 minutes as is. (While that sits in the bowl, you can make the marinade.)
- Now, wash the lamb chops thoroughly with water and dry completely with paper towels.
- They are officially ready to be mixed in with the seasoning.
What do you serve with Lamb Chops?
Lamb Chop Recipe
This is an easy and fail-proof recipe that includes perfectly seasoned lamb chops.
- 8 lamb chops
- 2 tbsp Trader Joes 21 seasoning salute
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- salt (I used 1 tsp)
- 1 large lemon's juice
- water to soak + wash lamb chops
Clean the individually cut lamb chops by trimming excess fat off of the meat and the bone as well.
Soak the lamb chops in lemon juice + enough water to fully immerse the lamb chops in a bowl.
Let them soak for about 10 minutes.
Drain the water out of the lamb chops bowl and let them sit in the bowl for about 5 minutes.
Now, wash the lamb chops well with cold water.
Pat the lamb chops dry before continuing to coat them with the spices.
SIDE NOTE: This step is optional but recommended since it removes the game flavor of lamb meat.
Combine the seasoning, water, and garlic together in a bowl or Ziploc Bag.
Mix the lamb chops with the seasoning while massaging the meat portion of the lamb chop.
Marinate for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
30 minutes before cooking, remove the Lamb Chops from the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature.
Place a non-stick pan on the stove top and heat on high.
Add just a little bit of oil and spread throughout the pan to coat.
Place the lamb chops onto the hot pan and let them cook for about 2-3 minutes before flipping (timing will vary based on thickness)
Cook the second side for an additional 2-3 minutes or until desired temperature and texture.
TIP: lamb chops cook fairly quick and overcooking them can cause the meat to become chewy.
Enjoy the lamb chops hot with a fresh squeeze of lemon juice and a cilantro or mint chutney dipping sauce.
I recommend using this method if you have thicker lamb chops for an even and tender end result.
Heat an oven to 500 degrees.
Once the oven is hot, heat an oven safe pan on the stove top.
Drizzle a small amount of oil onto the pan and spread it evenly throughout the pan.
Place lamb chops on the pan and cook for about 2 minutes.
Flip the lamb chops and immediately place the whole pan into the oven.
Cook for about 2-5 minutes depending on thickness.
Serve warm with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a cilantro or mint dipping sauce.
These tastes great with mint chutney. The recipe can be found below.
Cilantro Chutney/Dip Recipe
A commonly found dip at Indian Restaurants which compliments any Indian or fusion dish.
- 1 cup cilantro, stems and leaves
- 1 cup sour cream (vegan mayo for dairy-free diets)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 green chili pepper of choice (jalapeno, thai chili, serrano, etc)
Blend all of the ingredients together and serve chilled
If you want to make a raita then add a 1/2 cucumber to the mixture that has been well drained. Hence, removing all water from the cucumber.
Mint Chutney/Dip Recipe
A condiment that compliments lamb, but can be enjoyed with papad as well.
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3/4 oz mint leaves (normally sold in a package)
- 16 oz sour cream, vegan mayo, or greek yogurt
- 1 jalapeno, serrano, thai chili, etc
- 3 cloves garlic
Blend all of the ingredients together.