The perfect chicken wing dipping sauce
Replace your ranch dip with this tasty indian inspired condiment! A mix of cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, and cream make this a great dipping sauce for chicken wings. This quick and easy dip is a variation of a condiment commonly found at Indian Restaurants known as raita. It pairs well with pakora, wraps, or anything you may want to dip in ranch dressing.
Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
This is a flavorful dipping sauce that pairs well with meats, veggies, sandwiches, and even salads as a dressing. A variation of this sauce is available at most Indian or Middle Eastern restaurants, which is where the flavors might take you back to. It has always been a childhood favorite of mine with chicken wings, lamb chops, pakora, and kebabs. Now I am sharing the easy sauce recipe with you.
Goes well with EVERYTHING!
Ingredients for Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
- cilantro, fresh
- garlic, fresh
- jalapeno, fresh
- sour cream, yogurt, or mayonnaise (substitutions)
Can I make a vegan dipping sauce?
Yes! My favorite vegan alternative for mayonnaise is Follow Your Heart Soy Free Mayonnaise. It tastes great with this recipe and practically anything else. Be sure to purchase the right kind, since the other variations do not seem to taste the same.
If you are okay with eating dairy, then it tastes best with sour cream!
What can I serve with Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce?
Any dish that needs a little bit of a spice to it. We enjoy using this dip as a condiment with dishes that are a bit on the bland side such as yellow rice, masala rice, or even grilled chicken wings dipping sauce. Try it with these recipes...
TRY THESE MASALA CHICKEN WINGS NEXT!
Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce Recipe
Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
- 1 cup cilantro, stems and leaves (about 1 bunch of cilantro)
- 1 cup sour cream (see above for substitutions)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic (more or less)
- 1 green chili pepper of choice (jalapeno, thai chili, serrano, etc)
- water (optional)
- Blend the cilantro, garlic, and green chili pepper into a fine paste.
- Mix the blended contents with sour cream and some salt. If you prefer a more dressing like consistency, then add some water and mix well.
- Chill in the refrigerator or enjoy immediately.
Let me know how you like this jalapeno cilantro sauce recipe via Facebook, Instagram, or email! I love hearing from you.