Grilled Cilantro Chicken Wings
This post has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyMazolaMarinade
A simple herb and spice marinated Grilled Cilantro Chicken Wing recipe, that will have you licking your fingers clean this summer, is exactly what this is! Packed with fresh ingredients and grilled to perfection on a hot day! My biggest tip when it comes to grilling or cooking with high heat is to use the right type of cooking oil. I highly recommend coating+marinating with Mazola Corn Oil so the wings are ready to grill without any prepping ahead of time. A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit Mazola.com.
Growing up, we always used Mazola Corn Oil and this recipe definitely hits a home run with flavor. Why? Because I have memories of my Dad grilling this exact Cilantro Wing Recipe in our backyard, as a young girl. Plus, Mazola Corn Oil is a heart-healthy* cooking oil and creates marinades that make great-tasting food because it has a neutral taste that lets the natural flavor of your food stand out. Trust me when I say, these tasty chicken wings would come off of the grill hot and ready to be dunked in ranch dressing with all the flavor! It was one of my favorite things to grill and I am so happy to be sharing #MyMazolaMarinade recipe with you.
Grilled Cilantro Wings Recipe Details
For this recipe you will need:
- Mazola Corn Oil
- cumin powder or seeds
- green chilies
- ginger (optional)
- yogurt or sour cream
I hope you and your family enjoy this recipe as much as my family has throughout the years. Create memories surrounded by great tasting food with #MyMazolaMarinade.
Mazola Corn Oil is a perfect choice for marinades for grilling this summer and since it has a high smoke point it is perfect for grilling and stir frying as well.
Grilled Cilantro Chicken Wings
- ¼ cup Mazola Corn Oil
- 20 chicken winglets
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro (stems and leaves)
- 1 tablespoon cumin/jeera seeds or powder
- 3 tablespoon yogurt or sour cream
- 6-8 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger (optional)
- Place the chicken winglets in a bowl.
- In a blender combine 1 cup of chopped cilantro leaves and stems, 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, 3 tablespoon yogurt, 6-8 cloves of garlic, fresh chili peppers, ginger, and salt.
- Blend until the mixture is a smooth consistency making sure the contents are fully pureed.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken wings and mix well.
- Pour ¼ cup of Mazola Corn Oil over the chicken wings and mix again.
- At this point you can marinate the chicken wings or begin grilling.
- Once a grill has heated to about 450 degrees, place the chicken wings on indirect heat.
- Close the lid to absorb a "smoked flavor".
- Flip the chicken wings a few times during the cooking process to ensure even char.
- Once the chicken wings reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees, take them off of the grill.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.