A quick and easy air fryer or oven roasted balsamic glazed Brussels Sprouts recipe. Whether you use frozen or fresh shaved sprouts, this crispy cruciferous vegetable is going to be one you crave often. With Brussels Sprouts having low carbs, it is a great addition to any keto diet or a clean eating meal. Give these air fried balsamic glazed Brussels Sprouts a try today.
Crispy Brussels Sprouts
This is a very simple but tasty recipe. It is easy to make for a snack, a healthy side, or even for a large gathering. Air Fried Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts are quick to make in an air fryer but can also be cooked in an oven. Top it with a choice of Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese for an extra over the top dish! A keto and low carb brussels sprouts dish that is sure to please those of all ages.
Fresh or frozen brussels sprouts?
This is purely up to you. The process is a bit lengthier if you use frozen but you are more than welcome to use either. If you want to make this recipe even easier, grab pre-cut Brussels Sprouts from your local grocery stores produce section. Simply add the ingredients and cook in either an air fryer or the oven.
Balsamic Glazed Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts
If you are using frozen brussels sprouts, then be sure to thaw them completely. Then Pat them dry so the excess water is absorbed out of the vegetable. This will not only help get a crispy vegetable in the end, but the air fried brussels sprouts will end up taking less time to cook.
Cut the sprouts into thin rounds and then add some oil to the dish. Avocado oil works well when air frying vegetables and for this dish the flavors actually completely each other really well.
How to meal prep brussels sprouts?
I really don't recommend meal prepping this dish for one main reason, the crispy texture will no longer be present and it really takes away from the dish all together. In fact, this particular dish tastes best when it comes straight out of the oven. Wait not even a minute longer to consume. You'll thank me!
What type of balsamic vinegar to use?
Honestly, the one you use with any of you salads pairs well with this dish. Using a glazed balsamic vinegar will give it a much more potent flavor. If that is what you are going after, then by all means go for it. I personally love a light tasting balsamic flavor so a little goes a long way. My two favorites have been Costco Kirkland Brand Balsamic Vinegar or Cadia Brand Balsamic Vinegar which is a rich tasting balsamic vinegar and when it cooks with the sprouts the crispy crust will be something you desire over and over again.
What to pair air fried brussels sprouts with?
Give these recipes a try as a main course
Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1 lb sliced brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper together.
- Pour the mixture onto the brussels sprouts and mix well.
- In an oven safe pan lay the brussels sprout out so they are not overly crowded. Hence, each piece should be touching the bottom of the pan (even if it is just the tip).
- Roast the brussels sprout in the oven for about 12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Pour the remaining tablespoon of balsamic vinegar over the brussels sprouts and toss/mix with a spatula.
- Be sure to spread the brussels sprouts out after mixing so each piece is touching the bottom of the pan.
- Roast for an additional 10-15 minutes. Timing varies based on how big or small the pieces were. I normally cook for at least 25 minutes total regardless.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve hot and crispy topped with parmesan cheese (optional).
- Enjoy! Happy Eating Folks <3
Leave a Reply