This is a very simple but tasty recipe of mine. Yes, I said SIMPLE. Because it really is easy to make and perfect for a snack or a side. I made these for my brother when he wouldn’t give me any dinner suggestions. YUP, I was trying to be the mean sister, but he loved them! With that said, if you want to make these just be sure to follow the tips below and let me know what you think as well:
- Take some help from the store and buy pre-shredded brussels sprouts or you can slice them yourself. I recommend cutting each sprout into 3 pieces. It will help with the browning.
- If you wash them right before cooking, then be sure to dry the sprouts completely before cooking. Again, it will help with the browning:).
- Use a really flavorful balsamic vinegar. One you truly enjoy because a little goes a long way.
- I don’t recommend meal-prepping with this recipe. They just don’t taste the same the next day, sorry folks.
Roasted brussels sprouts with minimal seasoning and browned to perfection.
- 1 lb sliced brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper together.
Pour the mixture onto the brussels sprouts and mix well.
In an oven safe pan lay the brussels sprout out so they are not overly crowded. Hence, each piece should be touching the bottom of the pan (even if it is just the tip).
Roast the brussels sprout in the oven for about 12 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven.
Pour the remaining tablespoon of balsamic vinegar over the brussels sprouts and toss/mix with a spatula.
Be sure to spread the brussels sprouts out after mixing so each piece is touching the bottom of the pan.
Roast for an additional 10-15 minutes. Timing varies based on how big or small the pieces were. I normally cook for at least 25 minutes total regardless.
Remove from the oven.
Serve hot and crispy topped with parmesan cheese (optional).
Enjoy! Happy Eating Folks <3