My Guide on How to Air Fry Frozen Chicken Nuggets. These crispy chicken nuggets are cooked within minutes in an air-fryer! Whether you like them crispy or soft, air-fried chicken nuggets are a winner for people of all ages.
Easy Meal Idea- Perfect for gatherings or a quick meal! Dino nuggets in particular are delicious and can bring the kid out in an adult.
- Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Dipping Sauce of Choice
Start by preheating the air fryer while you grab the frozen nuggets to air fry and lay them on the crisper pan or air fryer basket.
Place the basket in the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Toss/flip once between the cooking process and cook until heated through (about 5 minutes)
Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce and a serving of fruit and/or vegetable.
- Air Fryer- I have a Large Breville Smart Oven.
- Tongs - to toss the chicken nuggets between cooking and removing them from the air fryer basket.
- Oven Mit - in case the air fryer basket is hot.
- Pot Holder - to place the air fryer basket on top of.
Dipping sauce for chicken nuggets
Growing up we ate nuggets with ketchup and BBQ sauce, which is great for kids! But if you love spice then try these...
- Nando's XX spicy sauce - Purchase at Indian grocery stores or Target.
- Restaurant Style Homemade Buttermilk Ranch
- Trader Joe's Habanero Sauce - super spicy and great when mixed with a milder sauce.
- Buffalo Wild Wings!
What brand of chicken nuggets is the best?
This is a matter of opinion and based on dietary restrictions but here are a few of my favorites and why...
- Dinosaur Nuggets - My kids love these because they pack some fun into mealtime. They can be bought by the bulk at Costco.
- Gluten Free and Organic- These healthier option frozen chicken nuggets by Earth's Best Brand are almost always found in our freezer that we purchase at Whole Foods. They cook juicy in under 5 minutes and taste delicious.
- Family Favorite Frozen Chicken Nuggets - Tyson Frozen Chicken Nuggets! One would assume I am biased about this option being an Arkansas native, but they never fail to impress me with taste and Air Fry Tyson Frozen Chicken Nuggets taste better and better with every bite. Find them at Sam's Club (another Arkansas company) by the bulk!
- Cook them right before serving so they are warm when enjoyed.
- Extra crispy is how I like them!
- Dip them in chili oil with some lemon juice for an Asian-inspired chicken nugget.
Depending on your family size, budget preference, and quantity of food to cook this can vary. I have a large Breville Smart Oven which is perfect for a family of 4.
It is not recommended to use parchment paper in an air fryer.
Spray the food with oil before and during the cooking process. Adding oil throughout the cooking phase will help keep moisture in and not dry out the outside of foods.
Yes, you can air fry chicken nuggets that are still frozen. There is no need to defrost frozen nuggets. Just place the frozen chicken into the air fryer basket after preheating the air fryer.
Yes! There is no need to defrost. Take the frozen chicken nuggets and place them straight in a preheated air fryer.
Yes! Reheat cold McDonald's Chicken Nuggets in the air fryer by preheating the air fryer to 400 degrees. Take the refrigerated chicken nuggets out of the fridge and air fry them for 3 minutes. That quick and easy!
Other Kid-Friendly Recipes
Air Fryer Recipes
How to Air Fry Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer
- Heat Resistant Mitten
- 152 oz chicken nuggets, (about 16 dinosaur nuggets)
- spray oil (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Layer the air fryer basket tray with the chicken nuggets, assuring they are not overlapping.
- Place the basket in the air fryer and cook for 5-7 minutes. Toss/flip them half way through and spray with oil (optional).
- Serve with a tasty dipping sauce.