A family favorite green pizza crust with extra fiber and protein! This is a delicious vegetarian pizza with no yeast pizza dough.
This delicious vegetable-packed green pizza crust is packed with nutrition and flavor. It tastes delicious and is requested by my family on pizza night. What's not to love when it comes to homemade pizza?
Everyday Healthy Pizza Recipe! If your family loves pizza, then make this crust to add extra nutrition and feel guilt-free!
Pizza Dough Ingredients
- Bisquick (or anything similar)
- 00 flour or all purpose flour
- pureed green leaf vegetable (spinach, kale, etc)
- oil and salt
- flax, chia, and hemp seeds - these work together to make this a high fiber pizza.
- cumin seeds
- Italian seasoning
- red chili powder or red chili flakes
- ajwain seeds
- all purpose flour for dusting
- Broccoli (my kids favorite!)
- Bell Peppers
- Jalapenos, Serranos, Banana Peppers, or any other that you prefer
- Pepperoni (we love Hormel turkey pepperoni!)
Combine the ingredients for the dough in a large bowl
Knead the dough until it is smooth and set it aside for about 5-30 minutes.
Dust a surface with all-purpose flour and then gently roll out the pizza.
Dust a pizza pan with flour and then transfer the dough onto a pizza pan using my method below.
Bake the yeast free pizza crust at 375 for about 7-10 minutes, remove from the oven and then add your toppings and bake again until the cheese has melted and browned.
Whether you use kale, spinach, collard greens, or zucchini the addition of veggies gives us a peace of mind.
- Pizza Pan
- Rolling Pin
- Large Bowl for Mixing
- Towel or Saran Wrap to Cover dough
- Fork or Knife
- Cutting Board and Knife
- Large Surface/Work Area.
- Add as many variety of greens as you possibly want to the vegetarian pizza! I sometimes mix kale, spinach, and chard.
- If you have a picky eater, cover the entire top of the pizza with sauce so the crust is nowhere to be seen.
- Encourage the little ones to eat "colored pizza" for the holidays. Hence, green pizza for Christmas!
Love Pizza? Give this tasty recipe a try!
Other Italian Inspired Recipes
Add more flour and knead it well. I prefer the dough to be a bit sticky, it helps keep the inside of the pizza soft and the outside crispy.
It's a high gluten dough that needs to cook at a high temperature. It makes a tasty pizza!
Cook at 375 degrees for about 7-10 minutes.
You don't have to, but I recommend it.
If your kids love pizza, then I highly encourage you to try this guilt-free recipe. It is adult-friendly, healthy, and a crowd pleaser! Let me know how they like it below!
Green Pizza Crust
- ¼ cup Bisquick (or anything similar)
- ¾ cup 00 flour
- ¼ cup warm and pureed, green leaf vegetable (spinach, kale, etc)
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon blended flax seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon blended chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon blended hemp seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- red chili powder (optional)
- ajwain seeds (optional)
- all purpose flour for dusting ONLY
- pizza sauce
- toppings of choice
- dried oregano
Knead the Dough
- Combine all of the ingredients for pizza dough and knead it into a soft dough.
- Dust more all purpose flour over the dough and then cover with a damp paper/kitchen towel.
- Let it sit in warm place for about 10 minutes.
Roll Out the Pizza
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dust a surface with all purpose flour and roll out the dough into ¼" thick pizza crust. (I like mine thin and crispy)
- Lay the crust on a pizza pan, puncture holes with a fork, knife, or meat tenderizer to prevent rising, and bake for 5-7 minutes (will be based on thickness)
- Remove the pizza from the oven.
- Switch oven to Broil Mode.
- Layer with pizza sauce, cheese, a sprinkle of oregano, and your favorite toppings.
- Cook for an additional 7 minutes on (until cheese starts to brown a little).
- Wait a few minutes before cutting with a pizza cutter. This will help prevent the cheese from sliding off.
- ENJOY! <3
Leave a Reply