Indian Pizza, a Kheema Pizza with Indian Spiced Chicken
This healthy gluten free Indian pizza recipe is one to keep on repeat. The desi pizza is deliciously spiced with mozzarella, turmeric, garam masala, herbs and vegetables. A Trader Joe's cauliflower crust goes a long way with this recipe and I highly recommend it.
This clean Indian meal is making me drool as I type! Since Indian Chicken Kheema Pizza takes minutes to make with some weekly Indian meal-prepping, it is definitely a meal to add to your weekly menu. There are so many things you can make with chicken kheema. Seriously, the possibilities are endless.
Meal-Prep Chicken Kheema for the week!
I love Kheema Dosa, but I must say that I can't ever get my family to eat dosa as often as I would like (edit 2021-THEY NOW LOVE DOSA). So, I had to come up with another solution which is how this star was born.
Gluten Free Indian Pizza
My go-to version of this tasty Indian pizza with chicken kheema is not only gluten-free, but guilt free in many ways! I use a readymade/store bought cauliflower crust and layer on the tasty toppings before baking it to a crisp perfection.
Trader Joe's Cauliflower Pizza Crust
I buy a cauliflower pizza crust from the freezer section to make life a bit easier. Honestly, I have tried multiple different brands and they all seem to have lived up to my expectations of a crispy crust thus far, but I seem to keep buying the Trader Joe's version because of convenience.
- Kheema (recipe below)
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Finely diced onion
- Finely diced chili peppers
- Shredded Mozarella Cheese
Kheema Pizza Recipe
- 1 large pizza crust (I prefer cauliflower crust)
- 1.5 cups kheema
- 1 cup finely shredded mozarella cheese
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- chopped chili peppers
- Prep the pizza crust.
- Layer the chicken kheema onto the crust.
- Spread the mozarella cheese evenly on the pizza
- Top with cilantro, onions, and chili peppers.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the crust is cooked through.
Indian Chicken Kheema Recipe
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh and grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, fresh and minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1-2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 large onion, finely chopped, grated, or food processed
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- red chili powder
- chopped cilantro
- Heat pan on medium heat and add oil. Once hot add finely chopped onions and saute until golden brown.
- Once the onions have slightly browned add the tomatoes, garlic, ginger, garam masala, tomato paste, salt, coriander powder, some chopped cilantro (optional), and turmeric.
- Allow the mixture to cook for about 3-5 minutes. At this point you can use a hand blender and puree the mixture if you would like. Then add the chicken. SIDE NOTE: I like to mix the ground chicken to remove the "stringed" meat look before cooking.
- Using a spatula or a ground meat masher, begin to mash and mix the chicken with the tomato and onion mixture. TIP: flatten/squeeze the meat at the bottom of the pan while mixing if you do not have a meat masher. This will prevent the meat from bulking into large clumps.
- Continue to mix frequently for an additional 7-10 minutes on medium heat.
- Once all of the natural water has evaporated, cook for a few additional minutes so that the oil shines through.
- Garnish with the rest of the cilantro and serve.
- Enjoy as a taco stuffing, with wraps, as is with naan, or on top of pizza.
Want to keep the gluten but add more veggies? Then check out my Green Pizza Crust! It is packed with greens and sure to be on repeat once you taste it.
I hope you enjoy this Indian Chicken Kheema Recipe as much as we do! Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you.