This Indian Spiced Pizza is made with Chicken Kheema and Trader Joe's Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Keep this one on repeat! desi pizza is deliciously spiced with mozzarella, spices, and vegetables. Paired with a Trader Joe's Cauliflower Pizza Crust that gives it a crisp outcome.
Add extra spices and serve it as an appetizer or enjoy it for dinner with your favorite drink!
Why You'll Love it!
This clean Indian meal is making me drool as I type! Since Indian Chicken Kheema Pizza takes minutes to make with meal-prepped chicken kheema and Trader Joe's Cauliflower Pizza Crust it's a winner meal!
- Kheema (recipe below) - I like to make extra kheema every time so recipes like this can be made throughout the week.
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Onion, diced
- Chili Peppers, diced
- Shredded Mozarella Cheese
- Pizza crust of choice
- Prep the pizza crust per packaged instructions. I like to bake the crust before adding the toppings to give it more of a crisp.
- Layer on chicken kheema, shredded mozarella cheese, cilantro, onions, and chili peppers.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and crust is crisp.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Bake the crust until almost crisp, then add the toppings, and finally bake it again until cheese is melted
- Use a thin pizza crust instead of cauliflower crust
- Add cilantro and chili peppers!
- If using cauliflower crust, this pizza does not store for more than an hour without getting chewy or soggy.
- Party Idea- Use regular pizza crust such as my green pizza crust or 00 Flour.
Why Pick Trader Joe's Cauliflower Pizza Crust
I buy a cauliflower pizza crust from the freezer section to make life a bit easier. Honestly, I have tried multiple different brands and they all seem to have lived up to my expectations of a crispy crust thus far, but I seem to keep buying the Trader Joe's version because of convenience.
- 1 large pizza crust (I prefer cauliflower crust)
- 1.5 cups kheema
- 1 cup finely shredded mozarella cheese
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- chopped chili peppers
- Prep the pizza crust.
- Layer the chicken kheema onto the crust.
- Spread the mozarella cheese evenly on the pizza
- Top with cilantro, onions, and chili peppers.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the crust is cooked through.
Indian Chicken Kheema Recipe
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh and grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, fresh and minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1-2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 large onion, finely chopped, grated, or food processed
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup water (optional but can help mince the meat if that is the texture preferred)
- red chili powder
- chopped cilantro
- Heat pan on medium heat and add oil. Once hot add finely chopped onions and saute until golden brown.
- Once the onions have slightly browned add the tomatoes, garlic, ginger, garam masala, tomato paste, salt, coriander powder, some chopped cilantro (optional), and turmeric.
- Allow the mixture to cook for about 3-5 minutes. At this point you can use a hand blender and puree the mixture if you would like. Then add the chicken. SIDE NOTE: I like to mix the ground chicken to remove the "stringed" meat look before cooking.
- Add water (optional). Using a spatula or a ground meat masher, begin to mash and mix the chicken with the tomato and onion mixture. TIP: flatten/squeeze the meat at the bottom of the pan while mixing if you do not have a meat masher. This will prevent the meat from bulking into large clumps.
- Continue to mix frequently for an additional 7-10 minutes on medium heat.
- Once all of the natural water has evaporated, cook for a few additional minutes so that the oil shines through.
- Garnish with the rest of the cilantro and serve.
- Enjoy as a taco stuffing, with wraps, as is with naan, or on top of pizza.
Want to keep the gluten but add more veggies? Then check out my Green Pizza Crust! It is packed with greens and sure to be on repeat once you taste it.
I hope you enjoy this Indian Chicken Kheema Recipe as much as we do! Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you.
The Curry Mommy says
Thank you for sharing! I am so happy you love it :).
Keerthi Patlolla says
This recipe is wonderful for all ages. This chicken kheema pizza has been on repeat in our household for a year now. Our go to for pizza fridays. So easy to make you’ll forget all your favorite pizza delivery places. Literally coming from a Chicagoan that’s saying a lot. All of the recipes here are so amazing and versatile. We use the leftover chicken kheema to make grilled cheese or to even just have with rice/roti. Definitely go get the ingredients and make it ASAP you won’t regret it! 😃❤️