Italian Quesadillas for Flavor Lovers
This golden brown cooked cheese quesadilla recipe with gooey mozzarella cheese is what dreams are made of! Imagine, a crispy tortilla cooked over medium heat that is filled with Italian seasoned mushrooms and jalapenos. Are you drooling yet?
If the site of that quesadilla doesn't make you drool, then you have got to be numb my friend. I can't stress how delicious the combo of spicy mushrooms with gooey cheese is. Make a large batch of these and enjoy movie night with your family. You will not be disappointed!
Italian Mushroom Quesadilla
This Italian seasoned mushroom stuffing has a chewy texture, lots of spices, and seasoned flavor. Pair it with a bowl of soup or your favorite salad.
I am a sucker for quesadillas. It's a favorite food. Especially when paired with quesadilla sauces. Some of my favorite quesadilla sauces include La Victoria, Trader Joe's Habanero Sauce, and obviously fresh salsa! But these jalapeno mushroom quesadillas need no sauce-trust.
The crunch of bell peppers and spice of chili peppers in this combo goes well Plus the mixture is quick to make and serves as a great appetizer, lunch, or even dinner. Gather the ingredients (you most likely already have) and make these TODAY!
WARNING-THEY ARE DELICIOUS!
What kind of tortilla to use for Italian Quesadilla?
Any flour tortilla tastes great with this recipe. If you want to try healthier options, then be sure to check out my favorite by Siete. There are plenty of other options to choose from these days at the grocery store. Want to try homemade versions? Give my carrot roti a try!
Mushrooms for Italian Mushroom Quesadilla?
White button or cremini mushrooms work great for this mushroom quesadilla recipe. The texture seems to have the right amount of chewyness to give it a bite while enjoying the flavors of the peppers.
What type of peppers to use?
Green bell peppers are my favorite and I love to use them for this recipe. For photography reasons, I used red. Whatever you have on hand will work though. When it comes to spicy peppers, I highly recommend either jalapeno or serrano. Making these a total of 1000+ times, I can definitely say using anything spicier will alter the enjoyment of the quesadilla stuffing. And that my friends, is coming from a true spice lover!
Want to make healthier jalapeno mushroom quesadillas? Try this...
- Add some greens to the mix (spinach, kale, etc)
- Use a carb friendly tortilla
- Add different vegetables
- Try a vegan cheese you love
Spinach Mushroom Quesadillas
If you decide to add fresh chopped baby spinach to these mushroom quesadillas, then be sure to add just a handful and nothing more. The liquids that release from fresh raw spinach can make them soggy. To prevent this, you can cook fresh spinach with the mushrooms for this Italian mushroom quesadilla recipe.
Let's talk cheese recommendations!
Avoid using the normal everyday cheese we all tend to buy for this recipe. You know, mexican blend, colby jack, etc. These options here will make any cheese quesadilla much more flavorful, but particularly for this Italian Mushroom Quesadilla.
- A blend of gruyere and white cheddar is my favorite. Luckily, it is readily available at Trader Joes!
- White cheddar
- Monterey Jack
LOOK AT THAT CHEESE PULL!
Step by Step Instructions for Mushroom Quesadilla
Italian Mushroom Quesadilla Recipe
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 8 oz mushrooms, diced (white button or baby bella)
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- salt (quantity depends on type of butter used)
- fresh chili peppers of choice, diced
- cheese, shredded (mozarella, white cheddar, monterey jack, or a blend of gruyere and cheddar work well)
- In a pan, heat some oil and cook the bell pepper first.
- Once the bell pepper is translucent add the mushrooms and a little bit of butter.
- Add the diced chili peppers and cook for about a minute.
- Mix in garlic, italian seasoning, and salt.
- Cook until the mushrooms are soft.
- Heat a tortilla on both sides in a large pan.
- Spread cheese on the bottom of the warm tortilla.
- Layer with the stuffing mix and cover with the tortilla.
- Cook the quesadilla with some oil, for a minute or two.
- Cut and serve!
LIKE IT? LOVE IT? LET ME KNOW!!!