This Italian inspired mushroom stuffing has the perfect texture, spice, and flavor. Is that a biased opinion? Maybe so, but you’ll thank me every time you make them ;).
I love the crunch of bell peppers and spice of chili peppers in this combo. The mixture is quick to make and serves as a great appetizer, lunch, or even dinner. Gather the ingredients (you most likely already have) and make these TODAY!
WARNING-THEY ARE DELICIOUS!
Want to make them healthier?
- Add some greens to the mix (spinach, kale, etc)
- Use a carb friendly tortilla
- Add more vegetables!
- A blend of gruyere and white cheddar is my favorite. Luckily, it is readily available at Trader Joes!
- White cheddar
- Monterey Jack
An Italian inspired Mexican dish that has the texture and flavor that'll take your tastebuds to the next level!
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 8 oz mushrooms, diced (white button or baby bella)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- salt (quantity depends on type of butter used)
- fresh chili peppers of choice, diced
- cheese, shredded (mozarella, white cheddar, monterey jack, or a blend of gruyere and cheddar work well)
In a pan, heat some oil and cook the bell pepper first.
Once the bell pepper is translucent add the mushrooms and a little bit of butter.
Add the diced chili peppers and cook for about a minute.
Mix in garlic, italian seasoning, and salt.
Cook until the mushrooms are soft.
Heat a tortilla on both sides in a large pan.
Spread cheese on the bottom of the warm tortilla.
Layer with the stuffing mix and cover with the tortilla.
Cook the quesadilla with some oil, for a minute or two.
Cut and serve!
LIKE IT? LOVE IT? LET ME KNOW!!!