Gluten-free, Vegan, and Eggless Chocolate Chip Brownie Recipe
These allergen-friendly brownies are easy to make and are a crowd-pleaser. They are made with Trader Joe's gluten-free brownie mix, black beans, and water. Give these eggless black bean brownies a try and let me know what you think!
Perfect after-school snack! These fudgy eggless brownies are packed with protein and all of the flavors without the tummy aches and guilt!
- Trader Joe's Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Brownie Mix - can substitute with an equivalent quantity of another brand
- black beans - can use homemade for less sodium
Open the package of brownie mix and a can of black beans. Completely blend the black beans into a puree.
In a bowl mix the gluten-free brownie mix with that the black bean puree. Slowly add the extra water and combine it well.
In this eggless brownie recipe, there is no need to add extra ingredients. Pour the batter into a bake friendly dish
Sprinkle extra vegan chocolate chips on top. I like to use Enjoy Life Brand Chips.
Bake until cooked at 325 degrees for about 35 minutes.
A fail-proof, vegan, gluten-free, and allergen-friendly recipe
Black Beans - Substitute with pumpkin puree or avocado.
These Vegan Brownies are definitely a game-changer! You can also try a fruit salad with a variety of fresh ones laid out on a platter.
It is not distinct at all. I can not notice a grainy or texture taste of the black beans and neither can my daughters or husband.
I recommend no more than 3 days because of the black beans. In my experience, any beans in the fridge after 3 days seem to get a smell to them which really bothers my nostrils.
Not at all!
Other Gluten Free Recipes
- Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top of the batter before baking because who doesn't love more chocolate, right? My favorite are Enjoy Life Brand Chocolate Chips
- Add a variety of nuts to the batter.
- Extra fiber can be added with just a few spoonfuls of flax seed meal
- Enjoy with a dollop of ice cream, coconut whip cream, or a cold glass of milk
Eggless Brownies (vegan and gluten-free)
- brownie baking pan
- can opener
- 1 box gluten free chocolate chip brownie mix (Trader Joe's brand)
- 12 oz can black beans (use homemade for less sodium)
- 6 oz water
- Blend the whole can of black beans (water and all) into a smooth puree.
- Combine the brownie mix with the black beans. Add the additional water to make the batter thinner.
- Cook in the oven at 325 for about 35 minutes.
- Cool the brownie completely before cutting.
- Eat as is or topped with ice cream.
- They can be stored in an air tight container, in the refrigerator, for a 2-3 days max.
- Feel free to add nuts of your choice.
- Add grounded flax seeds for extra fiber.
- Add extra chocolate chips in the batter or sprinkle on top.