A quick, spicy, and tender fish recipe.
Tender cooked Indian Salmon Fish that can be made within minutes using garam masala, turmeric powder, and spicy red chilies. This masala salmon recipe is baked to perfection while you pour a glass of white wine, making it the perfect weeknight recipe!
Indian Masala Salmon
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you purchase a product using that particular link. Thanks for supporting this little business of mine. <3 The Curry Mommy
Winner winner fish dinner right here folks! THERE’S A SUCH THING, right?
I love me some spice! But you might as well find me in heaven when it’s combined with an easy prep and cooking method. Whether you’re a salmon lover or not, this masala goes well with almost all white fish/salmon (and even chicken!). Give it a go and let me know what you think!
Serve it with
- Jasmine rice
- Masala rice
- Cauliflower rice
- Vegetables (brussel sprouts, broccoli, bell peppers, or onions)
- Seeds of Change brown rice and quinoa
- BBQ cut salmon works really well when baking or grilling.
- Covering this salmon while cooking will help keep the masala moist
- Lemon versus lime tastes much better as a condiment
Indian Masala Salmon Recipe
Perfectly baked salmon filets with a combination of spices and herbs.
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- ½ jalapeno
- 2 salmon filets with skin
- ½ tsp tandoori masala (I like Raja brand)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 6-8 strands cilantro stems and leaves
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- salt (I add about a tsp of regular Morton’s iodized salt)
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine ginger, garlic, tandoori masala, red chili powder, cilantro, jalapeño, black pepper, salt, and some oil in a blender and blend into a fine paste.
Coat the bottom of an oven safe pan with oil where you are going to place the salmon only (feel free to line the pan with foil for easy clean up).
Rub a thin layer of masala onto the salmon skin and place it skin side down on the pan.
Place the remainder of the masala on top of the salmon filets and drizzle with some oil on top.
Place veggies on the pan (if desired) and then slightly cover the salmon filets with foil (see picture).
Bake for about 12 minutes (will depend on thickness)
Remove the pan from the oven.
Uncover the foil and discard. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and serve hot with lemon wedges.
- Broil the salmon on low heat for a few minutes at the end to brown the masala a little
- If making a sheet pan meal, cut veggies very small and thin to allow them to cook faster and get crispy.
- BBQ Cut salmon works best when baking and grilling.