If you love tahini and are looking for ways to use it in recipes, then you need to give this Creamy Tahini Pasta a try! My lemon tahini sauce is turned into a creamy sauce and then tossed with pasta and spices. And this is ready in 30 minutes!!!
Weeknight Meal: Easy to make and pairs well with grilled chicken, shrimp, or mushrooms!
This recipe was inspired by my delicious tahini dipping sauce and pairs well with my amazing boneless tandoori chicken recipe.
- tahini - I like to buy an organic version and store it in the refrigerator after opening.
- cream - can substitute with milk
- parsley - dried or fresh will work
- bouillon - use vegetable bouillon or chicken bouillon
See the recipe card for quantities and instructions.
How to make tahini pasta sauce
Cook the pasta in water. I do not like to add salt to the water for this recipe.
In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, gather the ingredients for the tahini pasta sauce and use an immersion blender or whisk to combine it well. Then heat the pot on low heat until the sauce is hot but not boiling. Alternatively, use a microwave.
Drain the pasta and place it back into the same pot. Combine the tahini sauce and pasta together. Feel free to add more water to make the sauce creamier.
Add a generous amount of good-tasting olive oil. I like Burroughs Family Farms olive oil.
Finally, do a taste test and add salt accordingly. Enjoy the pasta with an herb sauce with grilled chicken, shrimp, or veggies.
- Cream- use whole milk instead of cream or substitute it with water for a dairy free version.
- Bouillon - can use broth instead of water in the recipe, but the flavors will be more subtle.
- Gluten Free - use brown rice pasta spaghetti instead. Give these brown rice pasta spaghetti a try! They are my favorite.
- Deluxe - add boneless tandoori chicken to the top of this recipe. It goes well together.
The pasta sauce can be refrigerated for a few days at a time.
The entire tahini pasta recipe does not refrigerate well. The sauce will thicken. and leave you with oily pasta after being reheated. However, the flavors will still be there.
- I recommend trying this recipe only if you love tahini! My husband does not like tahini so this was not his favorite dish.
- Add extra spice! Crushed red pepper flakes are a must-have.
- Be sure to use cream for a creamy sauce.
More Pasta Recipes You'll Love
Creamy Tahini Pasta
- whisk - to make pasta sauce
- sauce pan - to make pasta sauce
- bowl - to make pasta sauce
- large pot - to boil and cook pasta in
- serving spoon
Tahini Pasta Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon parsley (dried or fresh)
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- 1 bouillon cube (about 1 tsp)
- extra virgin olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- water for boiling
- 12 oz uncooked pasta (spaghetti preferred)
Tahini Pasta Sauce
- Place all of the ingredients in sauce pan.
- Whisk the ingredients together. Use an immersion blender to get the best results without much effort.
- Now, place the sauce pan on low heat and cook the sauce until it is hot, but not boiling.
- Heat a pot with a generous amount of water. I do not add salt to the pasta for this recipe
- Cook the spaghetti until your desired texture has been reached and drain the pasta.
- Place the pasta back into the hot pot and gently pour in the tahini sauce.
- Toss the pasta and sauce together. Add water if it is needed to reach an even more creamy sauce.
- Taste test and add salt accordingly.
- Serve with crushed red pepper flakes on top.
Nothing really tastes the same as tahini, but if you are okay with altered flavors then use cashew butter instead.
Yes! When turned into a creamy sauce it tastes great mixed with pasta, lemon, and spices.
Hummus, tahini pasta, tahini dressing, salad dressings, etc.
Yes. It is made with sesame seeds.
Yes! Tahini includes sesame seeds and that is it.
Yes! Tahini is keto-approved and can be used as a dressing, dipping sauce, or marinade.