Chicken Shakshuka is a keema shakshuka with meat recipe which is a great Indian Egg Breakfast
Do you like easy meal prep-friendly meals with flavor? Then you must give my chicken shakshuka recipe a try! This chicken and eggs shakshuka for one is easy, delicious, and protein-packed!
Indian flavored ground chicken breast breakfast with eggs is such a delicious meal. I would like to think that this recipe is exactly why breakfast for dinner is acceptable!
- Chicken Keema (preferably made with grouond chicken breast)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Chopped Fresh Chili Peppers
- Green Onions
In a medium heated pan, spread the chicken kheema and leave little pockets that reach down to the bottom of the pan.
Crack an egg into each of those pockets. If cooking chicken breast breakfast for one then feel free to crack just one egg.
Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook on low.
Remove the lid when desired egg texture has been reached.
Sprinkle fresh cilantro, green onions, and green chili peppers on top
- Skillet with a lid
- Cutting Board and Knife
- Chicken Keema- Use egg keema instead
Pair it with...
Chicken Shakshuka - a 5 Minute Recipe (Shakshuka with Meat)
- 1 pound chicken kheema
- 4 large eggs
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- fresh green onions, chopped
- fresh chili peppers, chopped
- lemon, optional
- In a flat and wide frying pan spread the kheema.
- Make four little pockets to a point where the bottom of the pan is exposed.
- Crack an egg into each of those pockets
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle cilantro, green chili peppers, and green onions on top before serving.
Indian Chicken Kheema Recipe
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh and grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, fresh and minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1-2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 large onion, finely chopped, grated, or food processed
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup water (optional but can help mince the meat if that is the texture preferred)
- red chili powder
- chopped cilantro
- Heat pan on medium heat and add oil. Once hot add finely chopped onions and saute until golden brown.
- Once the onions have slightly browned add the tomatoes, garlic, ginger, garam masala, tomato paste, salt, coriander powder, some chopped cilantro (optional), and turmeric.
- Allow the mixture to cook for about 3-5 minutes. At this point you can use a hand blender and puree the mixture if you would like. Then add the chicken. SIDE NOTE: I like to mix the ground chicken to remove the "stringed" meat look before cooking.
- Add water (optional). Using a spatula or a ground meat masher, begin to mash and mix the chicken with the tomato and onion mixture. TIP: flatten/squeeze the meat at the bottom of the pan while mixing if you do not have a meat masher. This will prevent the meat from bulking into large clumps.
- Continue to mix frequently for an additional 7-10 minutes on medium heat.
- Once all of the natural water has evaporated, cook for a few additional minutes so that the oil shines through.
- Garnish with the rest of the cilantro and serve.
- Enjoy as a taco stuffing, with wraps, as is with naan, or on top of pizza.
Yes! I use mini cast iron pans from Bed Bath and Beyond. They work great for this recipe or any egg brunch recipe that you want to individualize. My Breville Smart Oven fits 4 cast iron pans with chicken shakshuka at one time.
I place the chicken kheema in bowls and crack an egg on top. The bowl then gets placed in an air fryer for 3-4 minutes at 350 degrees.
Yes! WIth the addition of eggs and chicken breast this is a great meal for high protein diets.
Leave a Reply