Garlic Labneh is a delicious yogurt dip!
This recipe is Middle Easts best kept secret that goes well with practically everything. It compares to chutney in Indian food or ketchup to French fries. It is simple to make and a great addition to any cheeseboard, appetizer menu, or even breakfast! Check out my recipes with labneh section below!
SPICY and GARLICKY LABNEH!
You can add garlic labneh to any cheeseboard for an extra tang and spice! Drizzle a great tasting olive oil over it and it is perfect to dig into with veggies and breads.
Recipes with Labneh (what to eat it with)
- Give it a spread on your morning toast and you’ll be set to conquer the world!
- Lay it out on a cheeseboard with pita crackers
- Use it as a side with your meal (goes well with most Indian food)
Labneh Calories and Nutrition
This keto friendly garlic labneh recipe is made with greek yogurt which is high in protein and does not take long to strain. The calories in labneh differ based on the yogurt purchased but can range anywhere from 20-100 calories a serving.
An alternative to hummus!
- Greek Yogurt
- Lemon Juice
- Red Chili Powder
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Grated Garlic
- Black Pepper
How to make the dip
Simply grate/blend garlic and mix it with full fat greek yogurt with a pinch of salt. Then take a large strainer lined with a cheese cloth and place it over a bowl. Place the yogurt blend onto the strainer and gather all corners of the cheesecloth to form a tight labneh ball. Put the set up into the fridge for about 24 hours. This will allow excess water to drain from the cloth leaving you with a thick cheese like result in a form of a labneh balls. Which is a great way to portion it out.
Top the crushed labneh ball with a good tasting olive oil and you are ready to enjoy the dip with crackers, crostini, wheat thins, pita bread, toast, etc.
Garlic Labneh Dip
- large strainer
- bowl big enough for strainer to fit on top of
- 1 cup greek yogurt (full-fat preferred)
- 3 cloves garlic (use more or less depending on preference)
- extra virgin olive oil
- red chili powder
- brined green peppercorns (available in the olive/pickle aisle)
- Place the strainer over the bowl.
- Line the strainer with the cheesecloth.
- Combine salt, grated/blended garlic, and yogurt together. Mix it well.
- Place the yogurt mixture on top of the cheesecloth.
- Bring together the four corners of the cheesecloth and twist it together to form a tight ball.
- Refrigerate the setup for 24 hours.
- Uncover the cloth and place the yogurt in a plate.
- Top it generously with a great tasting olive oil.
- Sprinkle with red chili powder and a few green peppercorns.
- Enjoy with crackers, toast, crostini, pita bread, vegetables, etc.
- HAPPY EATING, FOLKS! <3
THE perfect addition to a cheeseboard or appetizer menu!