This Cranberry Sauce will forever change the way you view the side dish! The “true southerner” in me comes out every Thanksgiving. Not to be biased, but it is my FAVORITE HOLIDAY. Being born and raised in the south to parents who are inviting to other cultures and traditions definitely has its perks ;).
Truth be told, I was never a fan of cranberry sauce in general. I didn’t understand the importance of it with my Thanksgiving Meal. Always thought it was too tart to enjoy. Then I grew up (haha) and my tastebuds became a bit more adventurous. To say the least, LIFE CHANGED for the better ;). In this super quick and easy recipe you will find pecans which make the dish a complete game changer. To be honest walnuts taste better, but I use pecans due to allergies. Give it a go and let me know what you think.
p.s. Tastes great as a jam all year around too
- 8 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 ½ cup sugar (brown, white, or a mix)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 orange, zest + juice
- Place all of the ingredients in a pot and mix together.
- Turn on the heat to medium/low and let it simmer for about 15 minutes stirring frequently.
- After 15 minutes the cranberries should have cooked through and combined into a mixture with the other ingredients.
- Transfer into a refrigerator safe container and let it cool to room temperature. SIDE NOTE: You can enjoy the dish at room temperature or cooled.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Enjoy <3Happy Eating, Folks!