A delicious southern Chicken Spaghetti Recipe with Rotel and Cream of Mushroom Pasta Sauce
If you love pasta and Mexican food then you will love this Chicken Spaghetti with Rotel recipe! It is a true southern classic recipe with some added spices to make it even tastier!
This is a delicious and easy recipe that includes cheese and precooked chicken with Mexican, Indian, and American flavors. It's perfect for a weeknight family meal.
Chicken Spaghetti with Rotel
- cream of mushroom or cream of chicken
- shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend
- green onions
- red chili powder
- cooked chicken (rotisserie or frozen works too)
- cream cheese
- garlic or Trader Joe' garlic spread
- salsa or Rotel tomatoes
- fresh chili peppers (optional)
Cook the spaghetti per package instructions
In a pot add the chicken with some oil and cook it through to remove any "chicken taste".
Add in the Rotel, cream of mushroom soup, and spices. Heat it through until a slight boil.
Add cooked spaghetti and cheese to the pot. Mix it through and enjoy warm with cilantro garnished on top and extra spice.
TIP: Bake the chicken spaghetti in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes for an even more authentic Southern dish
- Vegetarian- remove the chicken completely and add whole black beans instead
- Spicy- add chopped chili peppers during the cooking process
- Baked Spaghetti Casserole- Place the cooked chicken spaghetti dish in a casserole pan and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Gluten Free- I like to use brown rice pasta spaghetti
- Precooked Chicken-use rotisserie chicken or frozen cooked chicken
- Rotel- use a generic canned tomatoes and chili pepper combo from your local grocery store.
- Spaghetti- Feel free to use any pasta type you like
Make it a Casserole!
- Pour the spaghetti into a casserole pan and top with additional cheese (optional)
- Bake until heated through at 350 degrees.
- Serve warm.
- Make Extra! Here's why- Serve the spaghetti warm off of the stovetop and save leftovers for baked spaghetti that can be served later in the week.
- As a garnishment, add extra cilantro and fresh chili peppers on top before serving.
More Chicken Recipes to Try...
- Instant Pot Chicken Curry and Rice
- Mint Chicken with Thai Basil and Minced Meat
- Chicken Keema Tacos - an Indian Taco Recipe
Chicken Spaghetti with Rotel Recipe
- 8 oz dry spaghetti, angel hair pasta, fettucini, etc (cooked with very little salt)
- 2 cups cooked and finely chopped chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup
- 1-2 tablespoon your favorite taco seasoning
- 10 oz can of your favorite salsa or Rotel
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, grated
- 1 cup water (pasta water for thicker consistency)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar or Mexican Blend cheese (more or less)
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese
- red chili powder or chili flakes, for spice
- salt (add at the end)
- 4 sprigs green onion
- ½ bunch cilantro
- fresh chili peppers
- Cook the pasta according to packaged instructions.
- In a pan, add some oil and cook the diced chicken. This step will help remove any "chicken" flavor if the meat is cold.
- Add salsa, cream of chicken/mushroom, garlic, taco seasoning, and red chili powder to the chicken and mix well.
- Add the pasta AND the pasta water to the pot.
- Add in the shredded cheese and cream cheese and gently stir. Taste test and add salt and pepper accordingly.
- Combine well and let it cook for a few extra minutes on medium-low heat (or you can place it in an oven safe pan, top with extra cheese, and bake until melted at 350 degrees)
- Top with green onions, cilantro, and chili peppers.